Monday, October 24, 2005

Clouds Are Like Big Sleepy Pillows

Topics for today:

1. The Psychology of Sleep
2. Pet Peeves And The Opposite

So, why is it that I never want to go to bed, when I get in bed I can't sleep, but when I have to get up, I am amazingly comfortable and could sleep for 2 days straight?

It must be some kind of twisted defense mechanism. For instance, I know I won't be able to fall asleep, so I don't want to get in bed, but at the same time, I know that when I have to get up, I won't be happy about it, so I make myself want to stay in bed.

Wait, that doesn't really make much sense. But an answer to this conundrum eludes me. Why must I have a backward idea of how to go about sleeping? Why can't I get instantly comfortable, and then when I have to get up, I can't stay still? I don't ever see me having that kind of a reasonable problem.


So, lets go into some pet peeves:

-When you're on the subway, and you've picked out a spot to stand, and someone seems to want to get around you, but everyone else is blocking the way, so you move aside half a step, and instead of going around you that person then takes the spot where you are standing. Thus, you are left in an awkward and uncomfortable position where people are likely to push past you to get in and out of the car. Solution: Always be rude on the subway.

-When you're sitting in the subway, and someone gets too close to you. When you're sitting at the end of a long bench, and some dickshit leans up against it and puts their ass in your face. When you walk onto the subway at 9 AM, and some stupid ass is leaning on and making love to the only pole available for you to hold. Hello people, its rush hour? That means you don't get to be a fucking asshole.

-When you know you have to do something, but you just can't make yourself do it, whatever the reason. Procrastination sucks.

Some things that help take the peevishness out of your day:

-Champagne in a limo

-Drunken sex

-When you are in a daze, listening to headphones, and you forget where you are on the subway, and you ask, "what stop is this", and someone politely and quickly responds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home